1. I’m going to go for more walks – Keeping active is good for you and your dog. So, this year go for longer walks, jog or drive out and go hiking with your four-legged buddy.
2. I’m going to play more – A family that plays together stays together. It’s true, throwing a ball, getting Fido to fetch, tug-o-war, frisbee, chase are all great activities to energize you and keep your dog from feeling bored. Spend a few minutes everyday playing and see how quickly your batteries recharge.
3. I’m going to hug more – Not all dogs like to cuddle but if they love spooning then get into bed, hit the snooze button and catch a few ZZZs with your pooch. Spooning with a dog or human is a great way to bond – you knew that!
4. I’m going to relax more – Take your dog with you to laze around in a cafe – it’s a great conversation starter, pet him/her, vegetate on the couch with your pooch doing nothing, try yoga/meditate with your dog, go sit on a park bench with your dog, take your dog with you on a long drive. Grooming your dog or giving your dog a massage can be relaxing activity for both of you too. Make your dog a part of your relaxation routine. Just hanging with your dog is super relaxing anyway.
5. I’m going to eat organic – Back to nature, fresh, chemical free organic food is good for you and your dog. Snack on boiled baby carrots, steamed veggies, raw cucumber sticks, baked pumpkin and sautéed haricot beans together with your dog BFF.